The Pre-departmental Unit of Architecture of the University Rovira i Virgili is the basic structure for organizing the activity of the teaching and research collective. It consists of:
- The students enrolled in accordance with the URV Statutes and current legislation.
- The teaching and research collective whose specialties correspond to the following areas of knowledge: Architectural composition, Architectural construction, Construction engineering, Land engineering, Architectural graphic expression, Environmental physics and Theory of structures, Architectural projects, Urban and territorial planning.
- The administration and services staff assigned to the Pre-departmental Unit.
The functions of the Architecture Pre-departmental Unit are:
- Management of human, material and financial resources that the University assigns to perform its duties.
- Develop and approve the dedication agreement of the staff which is a document containing commissions such as teaching , research, management, university extension tasks and any other that the Pre-departmental Unit requires of all personnel as agreed in the Council.
- Verify and evaluate compliance with the dedication agreement of the staff of the Pre-departmental Unit.
- Develop the strategic planning of the Pre-departmental unit in accordance with the University by means of the established program contracts.
- Propose specialization courses, advancement and updating of scientific, technical or artistic knowledge in the area or areas of knowledge of its competency, and coordinate their teaching.
- Give support to teaching and research activities and initiatives of the faculty.
- Make proposals in the process of developing course plans in which the areas of knowledge are involved.
- Assign to the faculty the teaching of each subject within their competency, in accordance with the requirements of the teaching program of the University and the coordination provided for in Article 78.1 of the Statutes of the University Rovira i Virgili.
- Participate in the process of personnel selection, in the terms set in the Statutes.
- Promote and facilitate the scientific, technical, pedagogical renovation and permanent training of the composing members.
- Cooperate with other departments, with the rest of the university structure, other institutions and public and private entities in the performance of teaching and research programs.
- Any other functions conferred by current law, Statutes and the resulting norms.